Offshoring Your PHP Developers from The Philippines
What is PHP?
PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor is a server-side scripting language designed for web development, and also used as a general-purpose programming language. It can also be used for command-line scripting and client-side graphical user interface (GUI) applications. As of November 2018, it is estimated that about 78.9% of all the websites that use server-side programming are based on PHP. A PHP developer uses the PHP server-side programming language to design, code and maintain web applications. The developer uses PHP to do front-end and back-end web development.
Job Responsibilities and Skills of a PHP Developer
These are some of the job responsibilities of a PHP developer:
- Code analysis – A PHP developer conducts a thorough analysis of the website and its requirements, and has a brainstorming session with the development team to discuss ideas for creating or revising the website. He or she evaluates those ideas and decide which to use, and the features and functionalities that should be included in the website. Then, the developer decides on the final design and layout of the site.
- Development and database optimization – The developer applies their technical knowledge for the actual development of the website. They must ensure that the website is dynamic and the required PHP script is embedded in it. The developer then checks the website for database optimization.
- Testing and implementation – The developer tests the website for possible errors and if they are detected, the errors are debugged. He or she seeks sign-off for finalizing the website. After getting approval, the developer hosts the website on the Internet.
- Maintenance and improving visibility – The developer regularly maintains and updates the websiteafter it becomes active on the Internet. Her or she fine tunes the site’s functionality to improve visibility and user interface to ensure that the site creates a good impression for its users.
Because of the competitive job market for developers, it is not just enough for PHP developers to know how to write PHP. Having other skills is important if they want to succeed as developers in a tight job market. Many companies hiring PHP developers would also require them to have other skills aside from PHP.
It’s important to take note that PHP developers with skills in other IT technologies offshore their development to other countries including the Philippines.
Advantages of Offshoring PHP Developers from The Philippines
If you’re planning to offshore your company’s PHP developers, the Philippines is an exceptional place to so because it has become a popular destination for offshoring software development. According to the Philippines Software Industry Association (PSIA) – the leading organization of about 160 software and IT service companies in the Philippines – it is estimated that there are at least 123,000 employed software developers, while there are an estimated 1.5 million IT professionals doing consultancy work in the Philippines in 2017. The PSIA also says that it is looking to increase the Philippines’ global market share of the international IT market from the current 12% to about 15% within the next two years.
These are the advantages of offshoring your PHP developers from the Philippines:
- Exceptional English communication skills – The Philippines is one of the most English-proficient countries in Asia. From kindergarten until college, English is the primary instruction language. In 2018, the Philippines had an EF English Proficiency Index score of 61.84 and rank #14 among 88 countries in the world.
- Western style of culture – The Philippines’ culture is heavily influenced by two Western colonizers – Spain and America. The Philippines was a Spanish colony for almost 400 years and a U.S. territory for 48 years. American influence is evident in the wide use of the English language, and the pervasive presence of American inspired pop music, food, and clothing style in Philippine society.
- Large IT talent pool – The Philippines’ public and private higher education systems produced about 82,794 engineering and technology graduates and 73,646 information technology graduates from 2016 to 2017. The Board of Investment stated that there is 200,000 IT and software personnel in 2017. Many software developers in the country are well-versed in programming languages such as .NET and Java, legacy application, and application development.
- Affordable developer rates – The average yearly pay of a PHP developer in the Philippines is 304,670 pesos ($5,762) per year, while the average yearly pay of a PHP developer in the U.S. is $62,370 per year. That means you get huge savings in labor costs for hiring a developer in the Philippines doing the same type of work as a developer in the U.S.
Why Hire PHP Developers from Full Scale
If you believe that offshoring your PHP developers from the Philippines is a good business model for your company, then your next step is to select an offshore services company who can provide you with a team of developers who have the experience and skills that you need for your projects. Consider our company – Full Scale – one of the leading offshore services in Cebu City, Philippines.
The process to hire your PHP developers from Full Scale is simple and fast. We do the following steps:
- Tell us the specific requirements for the developers that you need. The requirements include years of experience, skills in specific programming languages other than PHP, and other IT technologies.
- Our HR Recruitment will call the job applicants who fit your requirements and schedule them for initial interviews and skills assessments. After the initial interview, each applicant will undergo extensive skills assessments consisting of online tests and interviews by a team leader or project manager.
- When an applicant passes the skills assessment process, we hire the developer for you. After the onboarding process, the developer starts working for your project.
If you believe that offshoring your PHP developers from the Philippines is an efficient business model for your software development needs, then choose us – Full Scale – as your offshore services partner. We can effectively help you achieve your business objectives by providing you with an offshore team of developers who will successfully complete your projects. Two examples of companies that we have successfully fulfilled their business goals are GigaBook and Stackify – U.S. based companies that have offshored their developer teams from us on a long-term basis. Contact us to know more about how we can help your business to grow.