From conception to testing, a top-notch React developer can help you build interactive components for your website or web applications using the React development concepts.
What is React.js? What does a React developer do? These are a few of the most common questions we see on the web. We’ll answer these questions and more in this article.
Simply put, UI is a term that describes any element that allows users to interact and communicate with the information saved in a device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.). The user interface is the primary point of contact between humans and modern computers. Keyboards, mouse, computer texts, and desktop layout are some of the best examples of UI.
Today, more and more enterprises benefit from ReactJS, a testament to its burgeoning popularity in software development. Some of the high-traffic websites that use React are Instagram, Uber, and Reddit.
Along with the upswing in React usage, is the surge in demand for a React.js developer. A highly skilled React developer is involved in the entire stages of the development and maintenance of user interface components.
What does a React Developer do?
In a nutshell, a React developer designs and implements user-facing features for websites and applications using React.js.
They are known as front-end developers, a sub-group of developers that manage everything that users see on their web browsers or applications. In other words, they are responsible for the look and feel of a website or application to ensure a seamless experience for users.
The menu buttons, online forms, the graphic icons and images, voice recognition (Siri and Cortana), and gesture-driven interface (example: pinching the smartphone screen to zoom in and out) are just a few of the exciting things that a React developer can do.
Generally, they work with software testing specialists to test the code before the web application or website goes live. React developers may also work with a team of developers, programmers, web designers, and project managers to work closely on a client’s software project.
React Developer Skills
Indeed, React is a powerful tool for front-end development. Many organizations agree that having a solid background in React is essential to dominating this technology-driven industry.
To level up in this competitive field, a React.js candidate should have the essential skills in these React developer tools:
- React tools – Strong proficiency in Enzyme, Webpack, Redux, and Flux.
- Web frameworks – Proven expertise in different frameworks like React Native, AngularJS, Angular2, VueJS, SocketIO, Backbone, KnockoutJS, Svelte, and Bootstrap.
- Open-source Libraries – Demonstrable experience with JQuery, MomentJS, html5sql.js, RequireJS, and Loads.
- Software testing tools – A good working knowledge in testing code using Mocha, Jest, Unit-tests, TDD, Karma, VCS, and Selenium (base).
- Databases – A familiarity working with different databases such as MySQL, NoSQL(e.g., MongoDB), PostgreSQL, Redis is recommended.
- Code repositories – Working experience using GitHub, Bitbucket, RhodeCode, and devZing Subversion
- Cloud management – A strong background in different cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack Apache, and Google Cloud Platform
- Project management – It’s a great advantage if they know how to manage projects using Jira, Basecamp, Trello, Asana, ClickUp, or Zoho Projects.
React Developer Salary
- years of experience
- different roles held over time
- level of expertise
- special skills
- training and certifications
- geographic location
According to Neuvoo, the average React Developer salary in the US is $121,992 per year (roughly $62.56/hour). Entry-level positions start at $65,000 a year while experienced workers earn as much as $171,000/year.
Where to find a React Developer
There are different platforms where you can find a React developer. However, finding the best one in the market is another challenge unto itself. When hiring for React developers, we recommend you widen your search beyond your location.
Here are the best places to find top-tier React talent:
- Online communities – Try reaching out to active React members in Hashnode, React Subreddit (r/ReactJS), Stack Overflow, and DEV’s React section.
- Conferences and Hackathons – There’s React Europe (annual European React conference and workshop), React Week NY (in July 2020), ComponentsConf 2020. Visit the React.js community page for a complete list of React conferences.
- Social Media – It’s worth a shot to reach out to potential candidates on LinkedIn. Join a Facebook Group specifically aimed at React users and see if there’s anyone that stands out.
- Job Sites – Of course, this list won’t be complete without them. Check out Stack Overflow, Zip Recruiter, Github Jobs, Toptal, Guru, Freelancer, Glassdoor, and We Work Remotely.
- Offshore Outsourcing – If you don’t want to go through all the hassle of the recruitment process, we can help you. Full Scale is a Kansas-based offshore software development company that takes a holistic approach to match our clients to the best software experts.
Hire a React Developer Today
A skilled React developer makes it painless to create high-quality web applications with elegant UIs using the React library. React JS developers bridge the gap between the visual aspect and the server-side component. They take a proactive role in streamlining the look and functionality of applications.
If you’re looking for a seasoned expert in React web development, we have good news for you. Here at Full Scale, our dedicated pool of React developers is the best in the software industry. We work only with top-tier talent with a strong background in React best practices and conventions.
From screening candidates to onboarding, our personalized recruitment process helps our startup clients focus on growing their business. Full Scale always has several React developer job openings in the Philippines! To start assembling your development team, send us a message today!