Building fast and robust websites help retain customers. Hiring top offshore React developers may be the best and most cost-effective way to make them. Learn how to hire offshore developers today.
React is gaining huge traction in the software development scene. And, there are many reasons why React is popular among businesses and software developers. Some of which include ease of use and faster development time.
For these reasons, businesses look into hiring React developers to build robust and responsive websites. This venture would help companies be more visible in the market.
Moreover, a great website could help solidify customer retention, whether it’s used as a product or a portal for customers. So, finding the right people to build one is a must.
In this article, we’ll explore the following topics to guide you on how to hire React developers:
- What is React?
- Hire React Developers: Onshore vs. Offshore
- Offshore Software Development: Misconceptions and Concerns
- 4 Tips for Offshore Success
- Offshore React Developer Rates
- Why Hire Offshore React Developers in the Philippines: 3 Reasons
- Hire Offshore React Developers from Full Scale
To start, let’s have an overview of React development and how it benefits businesses.
What is React?
Since then, many companies have incorporated the use of React in their software projects. Here are some of the advantages of React development:
- Easy learning curve and usage. React is known for its ease of use. It’s the reason why many developers prefer using it. All thanks to its community that provides good documentation, support, and tutorials. You’re sure that developers can find solutions to any issues that might occur in development.
- Reusable components. A website built using React has multiple components that have their own functions. Purposefully, these simple components are reusable throughout the project to supplement more complex logic.
- Build fast and responsive websites. Because of React’s simple learning curve and the reusable component property, you can develop websites faster.
- Enhanced website performance. React improves the performance of your website product. It has a virtual DOM that handles HTML, XML, and XHTML code. This allows developers to write virtual components which provide smoother performance.
With these advantages, more and more companies are leaning towards using React in their web development projects. The challenge now is finding the right resources to build and deploy such projects out in the market.
In the next part, we’ll contrast the two most common options when hiring software developers nowadays: onshore vs. offshore.
Hiring React Developers: Onshore vs Offshore
Today, one of the biggest problems for small businesses is hiring top talent. It’s even more challenging when looking for specific positions like React developers. The following are the most common challenges for businesses in terms of hiring:
- Competition – When lots of companies are vying for the same resource, it creates tight competition in the recruitment market. Oftentimes, companies even take software developers from one another. This is even more challenging when you’re recruiting locally since there are many companies but too little talent.
- Scarcity – Hiring, in itself, is already a tough job. Much more if you’re looking for specific talent. Because of the competition, the chances of onboarding top talent are low. The best ones are usually employed and compensated well. So, you’re usually left with less than exceptional developers.
- Budget – When you combine competition in demand and scarcity of supply, you’ll get overwhelmed with how much you have to pay for web development.
These challenges push businesses, especially startups, to get creative with hiring web developers. Two common ways to do this are onshore and offshore hiring. Let’s delve further.
As the name suggests, onshore hiring refers to the more conventional way of hiring employees. That is, scanning your local talent pool for possible candidates. You can do it by directly hiring them or tapping an IT recruitment agency to aid you in this process.
The latter, however, is not so recommended if you want to save on costs. Find out more about them in this entry: IT Recruiters.
Advantages of Onshore Hiring
Surely, onshore hiring has its advantages. While it’s not always the budget-friendly option, it offers the following perks:
- Physical activities and interaction
- Working under the same time zone
- Barrier-free language and culture
Disadvantages of Onshore Hiring
Evidently, the onshore advantages revolve around close proximity with employees. Today where telecommuting is growing in trajectory, those benefits may not offer enough value. Also, most people in tech nowadays are leaning towards remote work arrangements.
They will likely turn down job offers that don’t offer a telecommuting work environment. Here are the other downsides to onshore hiring:
- Talent shortage due to competition. As mentioned, skimming through your local talent pool limits your chances of finding top React development talent. It’s even harder since this is more of a niche role.
- Higher salaries because of demand. Tech talent is very in demand these days. Because of it, salary rates also go up, posing more challenges for small businesses.
- Overhead costs for companies. When you hire employees, you will incur training costs. On top of that, you’ll have to spend on space and equipment that they can use when working.
These setbacks often drive entrepreneurs and businesses to look at the other option: offshoring. Let’s move on.
Offshore Hiring for Businesses
Offshoring means relocating business processes to another country. You can offshore all your operations or just parts of it. It also has two different types:
- Offshoring as a subsidiary
- Hiring a service provider abroad
When you offshore as a subsidiary, you expand your operations to another country. This means that you will build an arm of your company from scratch. On the other hand, hiring an offshore service provider means augmenting your team through another company abroad.
It’s important to know that outsourcing and offshoring are not necessarily the same thing. With outsourcing, you’re turning the key over to another company to provide you with a finished product.
In offshoring, you’re simply expanding your operations as a means of scaling up. You still gain leadership and direction over your development team. This offshoring trait is one of the reasons why it’s popular among entrepreneurs; they have visibility on how things are going and how the team works.
Aside from that, businesses resort to offshoring for several different advantages. Here are the benefits of offshoring:
1. It’s cost-effective.
Other countries offer the same quality service for a significantly lower rate because of varying economies. For example, the Philippines is a roster that offers top-notch IT services for a much lesser cost than the US. You will be paying offshore employees based on the local market rate.
Moreover, you’ll free yourself from taking care of overhead fees. The offshore partner company simply handles all employee management tasks.
2. It’s convenient.
Offshore software development providers let you bypass all the hassle in recruitment. These companies usually have talent ready for deployment. So, you’re sure that the developer you hire has already gone through proper assessment and training. That’s a win for you!
3. It gives access to a wider talent pool.
One factor why companies offshore are when they can’t find the right talent in the local market. In other words, you have a limited area for recruitment. Hence, offshoring provides businesses with access to a wider selection of talent abroad.
4. It’s flexible.
Obviously, there’s going to be a time zone difference between you and an offshore company. However, this is a window of opportunity for flexible business operations. If you’re in customer service, you can have a team from another time zone to work outside your local office hours.
In software development, you can have continuous operation when your local team passes the tasks to your offshore team. You can read more about why companies use offshoring in this entry: Why Offshoring? 2 Key Reasons.
With these benefits, certain concerns may tickle the minds of entrepreneurs. Let’s look at the common misconceptions and issues in offshoring software development.
Offshore Software Development: Misconceptions and Concerns
The above-mentioned reasons are surely enough for businesses to use offshoring if it fits them. However, there will always be skepticism revolving around this topic.
Having an integral part of your business in another country can be scary. Sometimes, it keeps you awake at night thinking about what’s going on on the other side of the world. With that, certain questions and concerns surface in the minds of entrepreneurs:
- How is my team doing?
- Are they being productive during working hours?
- Is the developer I hired reliable?
- Are they happy with my company?
- What if they steal my intellectual property?
These concerns are very valid. This is why, at Full Scale, we deliver quality offshore development services. We want to ensure our clients that they get what they pay for. And, we want to assure them that they can sleep knowing that successful product delivery is well on its way. How?
We perform an intensive background check when it comes to recruitment. It then leads to an intrinsic skills assessment to evaluate if they pass our quality standard. Upon employment, each employee is assigned a floor manager so they have someone to monitor them and their client performance.
Aside from technical skills, we look for talent with a positive working attitude. We believe that this would help build a positive company culture as they onboard projects with teams. Moreover, we uphold integrity in all our work. Our clients have all the rights to the products that we will work on.
In our growth as a company, our growing clientele is proof that offshoring works when done well. Thus, we debunk all your worries and concerns about offshoring.
4 Tips for Offshore Success
To free yourself from worrying about common offshoring risks, you may implement some best practices in offshoring. Doing so allows you to crack the many misconceptions about this business type. Thus, making offshoring work is a skill that an entrepreneur should learn.
Here are some of the best practices when hiring offshore developers:
1. Don’t make the “Cheapshoring” mistake
A $10 per hour rate seems very attractive. However, this is actually low even for offshoring. You will get what you pay for. So, if you hire React developers at a relatively low rate, chances are you’re not hiring the best.
Great developers have a reasonable market price, depending on where they’re located. Thus, even if you offshore to save costs, don’t go too low. You might just be compromising product quality and timely delivery.
2. Establish overlap hours
Establishing overlap hours is a surefire way to keep all your teams aligned and coherent. You must, however, do this strategically based on how your team operates. This overlapping time should accommodate daily team meetings and sync-ups to gauge progress awareness.
It also allows you to address any relevant issues encountered by a team member. Lastly, this would prevent your offshore team from feeling left behind.
3. Look in the right locations
There are many territories around the world that have a rich IT scene. Some include the Philippines, South and Southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe. This makes them top offshore destinations globally. As an entrepreneur, you must look at these places instead of just randomly selecting a country to offshore your operations.
4. Find strong development partners
Once you have selected a country, it’s time to look for a strong and reputable offshore development partner company. This is the ultimate solution to successfully do offshoring.
At Full Scale, we ensure to set our clients up for success. Our growing client base is proof that we are one of the most trusted software development companies in the Philippines.
You can read more about Offshore Development: 8 Keys to Success to learn about best practices in offshoring.
Offshore React Developer Rates
In the United States, a React developer’s average hourly rate is $57. But when you hire offshore React developers, you can cut a significant fraction of that price.
Offshore developer rates usually range from $25-$45 per hour. That means you pay up to 50% less compared to hiring one locally. This then bears the question: why is hiring offshore React developers more affordable? Are they less talented?
Basically, it’s not because offshore developers lack skills or talent. The reason for this is that they live in different economies with varying market rates.
Why Hire Offshore React Developers in the Philippines: 3 Reasons
The Philippines is one of the top offshore destinations globally. It’s a cut above the other destinations within the Southeast Asian region. The country fosters offshore business processes such as software development, call centers, and process outsourcing.
Here are more reasons why you should hire an offshore software development team from the Philippines:
- Excellent English skills. The Philippines is second place as the most English-proficient country in Asia. When you hire an offshore team in the country, you’re sure that things won’t get lost in translation.
- Western-style culture. The country used to be an American colony. Today, the Philippines has American culture embedded in most of its traditions and customs.
- Large talent pool. There are thousands of IT graduates in the Philippines annually. This continuously enriches the talent pool of software developers. In turn, the IT talent demand is always met.
With the abovementioned qualities, the Philippines boasts of a great option where US companies can offshore their processes. English proficiency and a large talent pool assure that you can find software talent that you need, even React developers!
Hire Offshore React Developers from Full Scale
Full Scale is shaping up as one of the fastest-growing offshore software development companies in the Philippines. As we grow, we hire talent from different parts of the archipelago.
We have opened IT job opportunities for tech professionals in the top cities across the country. In turn, this allows us to provide our clients with a wide array of software development talent.
We provide software development, QA testing, SEO, and content marketing services to our clients. Full Scale delivers these fast and affordable services with no long-term contracts, flexible work arrangements, and overall recruitment convenience.
That said, we take care of assessing software talent upon hiring so you don’t have to. Hire offshore React developers from Full Scale today!