Are you looking for offshore Angular developers? We curated this guide on everything you need to know about offshore software development. Plus, we’ll give pointers on what to look for in a top Angular developer. Let’s start!
Entrepreneurs always look for a cost-effective way of doing business. This includes minimizing recruitment costs while still onboarding top talent. And one of these top talents that are in-demand right now are Angular developers.
This makes sense because more and more businesses are warming up to digital platforms to reach more customers. Thus, there is a need for software builders such as ANgular developers today.
If you’re looking to hire top offshore Angular developers, we’ll walk you through how to do it. We’ll discuss all things offshoring and candidate assessment. Here’s a list of topics that we will cover in this discussion:
- Angular Development: An Overview
- Hire Angular Developers: Onshore vs. Offshore
- Offshore Development: Common Risks and Concerns
- Tips for Offshore Hiring Success
- Why Hire Offshore Angular Developers in the Philippines
- Hire an Offshore Angular Developer: Things to Look for
- Hire Top Angular Offshore Developers Today
So, before diving into offshore software development, let’s familiarize ourselves with Angular.
Angular Development: What is it?
Today, there’s a web tool for almost anything you need. Whether it’s for personal use or professional tools, the advent of web applications filled gaps in our day-to-day lives to make things easier. This is all thanks to fast and reliable websites made of cutting-edge technology platforms and frameworks. One of these frameworks is Angular.
The foundation of Angular development relies on building applications using Angular components called NgModules. These modules are building blocks of each application that are bound together to make up a functional system.
Because of its distinct framework, Angular offers certain capabilities that transform user requirements into high-performance apps. Many companies are also seeing the benefits of incorporating Angular into their applications. Here are some of the business pros of Angular:
- Cross-platform App Development. Angular is mostly used to build native-like applications. Thus, it’s best suited for businesses looking into building cross-platform applications.
- Optimum App Performance. The Angular platform has diverse capabilities that make a developer’s work fast and easy. Moreover, the framework is compatible with multiple back-end services to optimize application performance.
- High-quality Development. Angular has comprehensive structural elements that produce high-quality applications.
Following these business benefits is the demand for top Angular developers. However, today’s recruitment market is highly saturated. It’s going to be hard to filter for the crème de la crème.
Even more so, local markets don’t offer a wide selection of developers to choose from. This opens the discussion of whether today’s businesses should still hire onshore, or look into offshore software development. Let’s delve further.
Hire Angular Developers: Onshore vs. Offshore
One of today’s biggest problems for businesses is hiring top IT talent. It becomes more challenging when looking for talent with a specific job description such as an Angular developer.
Additionally, there are other factors that impact company recruitments negatively. These are today’s most common challenges for businesses when hiring:
- Market competition – The increase in demand for the same resource creates tight competition in the recruitment market. This is even more evident in local recruitment scenes where there are many companies hiring but too little talent available.
- Scarcity – Software, as we know, is gaining traction these days. So, developers are getting hired left and right. Unfortunately, the best ones are usually employed and well-paid. This trims down the availability of prospects in the market even lower.
- Budget for resources – Both competition and scarcity trigger the rise of the software developer market rate.
With these challenges, businesses often weigh if hiring locally is still a viable and reasonable option. Thus, there comes the dilemma of hiring onshore vs. offshore Angular developers.
Essentially, onshore hiring refers to the usual recruitment process which is scouring within the local market. One way to do this is direct hiring if you have your own recruitment team. Consequently, most startups tap IT recruitment agencies to supplement their needed software talent.
Advantages of Onshore Hiring
With the conventional setup, onshore hiring has its own advantages. Although it’s not always the budget-friendly option, it offers the following benefits:
- Physical presence. Whether they work onsite or from home, you can meet with your employees easily since they are within close proximity.
- Time zone uniformity. You don’t have to worry about time-related expectations. Having the same time zone allows you to seamlessly keep track of everyone’s schedules.
- Language. Avoid communication barriers when you hire onshore. This entails the high likelihood of sharing the same language and culture.
Disadvantages of Onshore Hiring
As you can see, the advantages of onshore hiring rely on close proximity with employees. But with today’s telecommuting trend, those benefits don’t add as much value. Here are some setbacks you will encounter when you hire onshore:
- Talent shortage. Scanning your local talent pool limits your options when finding top talent. This is even harder since there is an ongoing shortage of software developers in the United States. Hiring a niche position, such as an Angular developer, can be difficult.
- Higher rates. Tech talent demand is soaring these days. Because of the shortage and the high demand, the salary rates are climbing higher than average.
- Overhead costs. Remote work or onsite arrangements still entails overhead costs for equipment and devices. You also have to cover your employees’ benefits and medicare packages.
These disadvantages push entrepreneurs and businesses to look at other options. For smaller businesses, it’s going to be tough investing in resources that could easily burn their investments. So, one of the best pacifiers for this crippling problem is offshoring.
Offshore Software Development
Essentially, offshoring is the process of relocating business operations to another country through a subsidiary or a partner. The former means you’ll have to build an extension of your company from the ground up. Meanwhile, the latter means building your offshore team through an offshore partner company. You have the choice to offshore all your processes or just parts of it.
When offshoring with a partner, you’re not turning over the key to someone. You just augment your team with the help of a partner company while still leading and directing your development team. Businesses resort to offshoring due to its many advantages. Here are some of the key benefits of offshore software development:
Many territories offer high-quality services at a significantly lower rate due to different economies. In the Philippines, they have top-notch IT services for a much lesser cost compared to the US. The rate of offshore employees is based on their local market rate.
Moreover, you can bypass the overhead costs. The offshore partner company simply provides the devices and equipment each employee needs.
2. Convenient in terms of recruitment.
Offshore software development providers handle all the recruitment processes. These types of companies usually have a pool of talents that you can just choose from. This way, you’re sure that each developer has already gone through proper assessment and training. How convenient is that?
3. Wider talent pool.
Businesses offshore because they can’t find the right talent in their local market. Hence, offshoring provides businesses with a wider selection of talent abroad.
4. It’s flexible.
The time zone difference is a window of opportunity for flexible business operations. If your local team is done for the day, you can have a team from another time zone continue the work.
5. Sustainable Scalability.
Offshore companies have a database of employees to keep the development going in cases that there is a turnover. You can avoid the turnover costs while scaling your business.
You can read more about the benefits of offshoring in this entry: Top 10 Advantages of Offshoring. While this business process is surely advantageous, some entrepreneurs get concerned due to its unconventional nature.
Offshore Development: Common Risks and Concerns
Working with a team in another country hours away might fill some business owners with apprehensions. Some factors and points for concern include:
- Team reliability
- Developer productivity
- Employee background
- Company culture fit
- Employee retention
- Intellectual property, and more
These concerns are highly valid. Starting a business is risky, more so operating with a team abroad. So, the ultimate solution is partnering with a reputable offshore software development company.
At Full Scale, we perform intensive background checks on all employees during recruitment. Aside from skills assessment, we also look for a great working attitude to ensure organizational culture fit.
Once each employee onboards, we assign them with floor managers to check their productivity and liaise with their clients. Through our flexible workflows, we deliver optimum service to help deploy quality software products. In our company, we debunk all possible concerns and misconceptions about offshoring.
Tips for Offshore Hiring Success
Sure, offshoring is intricate just like any other business endeavor. All it takes to succeed is to incorporate best offshoring practices. Let’s get into how you can ensure offshore success with the following tips.
1. Ensure Product Ownership and Management
Regardless of the setup, any product launch will fail if there is poor management. This is even more important when working with a remote team. You have to ensure that everyone is aligned with the product goal and delivery. Moreover, you can check these steps as a guide in product management:
- Ensure the entire team understands the project’s goals
- Plan out sprints and roadmaps along with their respective assignments
- Document all requirements and changes
2. Choose a great location
Some of the popular territories where you can offshore software development are Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. Just make sure to select a country within these areas that have a prominent IT presence.
3. Work with strong offshore software partners
Free yourself from all the worries and concerns with offshoring when you hire a reputable offshore software company. This eliminates all possible challenges since they are already experts in client relationship management.
At Full Scale, our growing client base is proof that we are one of the most reliable software development companies in the Philippines. Read more about offshore development tips in this entry: Offshore Development: 8 Keys to Success.
Why Hire Offshore Angular Developers in the Philippines
The Philippines is a hodgepodge of rich culture and talent. This is why it’s a great spot for offshore software development and other business process outsourcing needs. The country’s vast IT-BPM industry caters to business processes such as software development, customer support, and knowledge process outsourcing.
Here are the top reasons why you should hire offshore software developers from this archipelago:
- English language skills. The Philippines is the second most English-proficient country in Asia (just behind Singapore). This is one of the reasons why many Western countries can easily adapt to Philippine companies.
- Culture and traditions. Being a US colony for almost five decades, the Philippines retained some American culture and traditions today. Most Filipinos are also well-versed with Western influences, trends, and pop culture.
- IT and software development talent. The archipelago produces thousands of IT graduates annually. The continuous production of software and IT talents broadens the talent pool for the tech industry in the country.
With these qualities, the Philippines is a great option for US companies to offshore their software development activities.
Hire an Offshore Angular Developer: Things to Look for
We have finally covered all things offshoring. Now, let’s get into hiring an Angular developer.
The Angular developer role takes both creativity and technicality. So, it requires the right balance of hard and soft skills for them to deliver well. Here are the top technical requirements that make a great frontend developer:
- Extensive background in TypeScript
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the Angular platform/framework
- Proficiency in web markup languages especially HTML with CSS
- Familiarity and experience with RESTful API
These are just some of the fundamental technical requirements for Angular developers Depending on your liking, you may also define certain soft skills that are necessary to make it to your team. Regardless, hiring Angular developers with the right skills will help elevate your business. Fortunately, we’ve made that easier for you!
Hire Top Angular Offshore Developers Today
Full Scale is one of the top software companies in the Philippines. We have access to a wider skill set as we expand our recruitment around the country. Thus, we are able to leverage telecommuting to serve our clients with the best developers available.
So, if you’re looking for an offshore Angular developer, you don’t have to look further. You can simply contact us today and let’s get the ball rolling!
In addition to software developers, we also have a pool of talents in QA and marketing specialists. We will handle all the recruitment and assessment of software talents so you don’t have to. Work with us now.