Do you know what to put in your iOS developer job description? A job title rarely means the same thing to every person or company (just ask a Technical Consultant or HR Generalist).
Check out this quick read for everything you need to know about recruiting candidates for this tech position.
There’s an ongoing demand for iOS developers to satisfy the software industry’s needs. We’ve curated a guide to explain the iOS developer job definition for employers.
iOS Developer Job Description
How do you make an effective iOS developer job description? It’s basically just two simple steps: (1) know the job definition and (2) learn how to make a specific job description template.
Let’s define the iOS developer position:
“iOS developers are responsible for designing, building, testing, and releasing mobile applications for Apple iOS devices.”
This means that iOS developers are software development experts who are proficient in building iOS apps. While this is a specialization of mobile app development, there are also cross-platform developers who can perform iOS development.
To create an effective iOS developer job description, follow the sample template below. Be aware that your job description helps determine the quality of your future hire. So, be as specific and meticulous as possible to attract the crème de la crème.
Sample: iOS Developer Job Description Template
Let’s take a look at a sample iOS developer job description created using the definition and steps above. The example template below was customized for a tech company that makes mobile games.
Sample iOS Developer Job Ad:
|Hi! We are [company name], and we build mobile educational games for kids. Our goal is to create family-friendly content and activities that will provide sustainable education through entertainment.|
|We’re looking for…|
|We seek a creative and passionate iOS developer who is proficient at design and knows how to think outside of the box. This person’s main responsibility is to create a responsive and interactive iOS application for our product. They will cooperate with a UI designer and a backend developer for application integration. Moreover, they’ll work closely with a project manager to monitor projects and deliver updates.|
|iOS Developer Responsibilities:|
|As part of our team, you will|
• Design, build, and test our product’s mobile application for the Apple iOS platform
• Collaborate with the UI/UX designers to create mockups and app features
• Ensure great app quality and performance based on client requirements
• Review code to identify potential bottlenecks and risks
• Fix app bugs before software is released to the App Store
• Maintain and optimize existing code for better app performance
• Stay up to date with the latest iOS development trends that are beneficial to the product
• [Add more that apply]
|iOS Developer Job Requirements & Qualifications|
|We are looking for iOS developers with|
• Proficiency in Swift and Cocoa Touch
• Experience with Core Data and Core Animation
• Sample iOS-based projects or a portfolio of released apps in the App Store
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs that integrate iOS apps with server-side applications
• Knowledge of low-level C libraries
• Experience with Instruments as a performance-tuning tool
• Familiarity with the Unity game engine
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related subject is a plus
• [Add more that apply]
Hire an iOS Developer Today
And we’re done! We’ve already covered everything in an iOS developer job description. Note that you can always customize the template based on what skills you desire. That way, it’s easier to attract candidates who fit your exact needs.
Let Us Help You Hire Top-Notch iOS Developers
At Full Scale, we help our clients grow by providing them with highly skilled software developers and other tech talent. Full Scale is a software development company with headquarters in Kansas City. We have an offshore arm in the Philippines that boasts talented world-class software development professionals.
Through our years in the industry, we have rendered more than 2 MILLION HOURS of service to clients around the globe.
We conduct background checks, skill assessment tests, and technical interviews. So, you get to bypass all the hassles of recruitment. At the same time, you benefit from only working with fully qualified professionals.
Aside from software developers, we can provide knowledgeable QA testers, SEO experts, technical writers, and digital designers.