Have you wondered: what is a Node.js developer? How can a developer with this expertise help your company? Let’s find out!
With the rise of the popularity of Node.js comes the demand for Node.js developers in the industry. However, IT recruitment is getting tougher and meaner. You need to know what type of developer you need and hook the right one for your company.
In this article, we will unravel the details when it comes to a Node.js developer by answering the following:
- What is Node.js?
- What is a Node.js Developer?
- What Makes a Good Node.js Developer?
- Hire Node.js Developers
What is Node.js?
Node.js is also used to create scalable microservices. This enables the app’s developers to divide various program components into distinct services or functionalities. Also, this makes it easier to grow the app and add new features as they become available.
Here are the benefits of using Node.js:
1. Fast delivery
Node.js makes it easier to deliver and test concepts. This is especially useful for startups. The tool allows developers to prototype quickly and follows the lean startup technique.
2. Easy to learn
Scalability is one of the primary benefits of Node.js. Load balancing and the capacity to manage many concurrent connections enable Node’s scalability. Furthermore, you may scale Node’s programs both vertically and horizontally.
These are not all there is for Node.js. There are still many benefits you can observe when Node.js is practiced in your business. If that is not enough to convince you, here are some companies that use Node.js:
In summary, Node.js is a dependable tool to make code writing easier and faster, hence its popularity in the industry. We are now clear from knowing Node.js, so we will move on to learn about what is a Node.js developer.
What is a Node.js Developer?
Moreover, it is the job of the Node.js developer to deploy and maintain network applications. These developers are also in charge of data interchange between servers and users. Moreover, they take care of developing back-end components and connecting programs to other online services.
These are the usual duties that a Node.js developer takes on within the company:
- Develop and maintain all server-side network components.
- Ensure that the central database achieves optimal performance and responsiveness when it comes to front-end requests.
- Collaborate with front-end developers in integrating elements
- Write testable, reusable, and highly efficient code to ensure that they only build high-performance applications
- Design client-facing UI, as well as back-end services,
- Implement security protocols, data protection, and storage solutions
- Run diagnostic tests, repair defects, and even provide technical support
What Makes a Good Node.js Developer?
Whether a startup, scale-up, or established organization, any company always wants to hire the best people. Hiring the best employees can significantly improve productivity, gain more opportunities, and even save relative costs.
That is why you should take hiring seriously. A good Node.js developer can be twice as efficient as a regular developer. Here are the makings of an excellent Node.js developer
- Even though Node.js developers are in charge of back-end component systems, they must never neglect front-end development. It is not a prerequisite, however, to be an expert in front-end development. You are looking for someone familiar with the front-end design and development process.
- A Node.js developer must create database schemes that represent and support business processes. The developer must seamlessly integrate data sources and databases to configure applications.
- Working knowledge with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments are necessary. Make sure that your candidate has extensive knowledge when it comes to security.
Hire Offshore Node.js Developers
Hiring Node.js developers locally is possible but relatively difficult and expensive. If you want to do it organically, you will need a highly trained and experienced IT recruiter in your company. Then, you must go through the hectic process of job postings, recruitment, screening, technical evaluations, and so on.
This preference is double the time, effort, and cost. Instead of spending time and money core operations, you are meaninglessly exerting effort to the wrong side of the business.
Well, there is an option for IT staffing. However, you must keep in mind that staffing comes with expensive fees and other hidden costs. It wouldn’t be a problem if your company could provide the needed cost and is in dire need of IT staffing. But for a startup that is on a tight budget and schedule, you will need the better alternative—offshore software development.
Offshore hiring takes 50-75% less from its American counterparts. The Philippines is one of the most popular offshore hiring destinations. The cost-effective option is not due to a lack of experience and talent. These countries offer lesser costs due to the difference in cost of living and the local economy.
Hire a Node.js Developer from Full Scale
Full Scale is one of the companies in Cebu City, Philippines that is tried and trusted by companies in the U.S. We have worked with dozens of clients from various industries and sizes over the years.
By partnering with Full Scale, you will have the benefit of selecting a highly-skilled offshore Node.js developer of your choice. All you need is to provide a detailed requirement of your developer, and we can match you with one in our team.
All our developers went through a strict set of technical evaluations and interviews. This guarantees the skills and commitment of our employees. If you want to know more, you better schedule an appointment with us.