Node.js is a go-to tool for creating programs quickly and efficiently. However, you need the right developer to utilize the tool’s full capability. Read on and find out how you can hire the best Node.js developer for your team.
In the ever-evolving field of technology, there are several tools available to create high-performing applications. Node.js is one of the frameworks rising to fame because of its flexible functionality and convenient usage.
Following the high demand for this platform is the tricky part of finding developers who can maximize its use. Node.js development requires a specific set of skills to be fully optimized. You need the right team of developers to use this technology to your advantage.
However, finding developers is generally challenging if you are not very adept when it comes to the skills and knowledge needed for your project. In this entry, we’ll look further into Node.js and how it can help you build your dream app.
What is Node.js?
Before we dive into the specific details of finding the perfect candidate for your team, let’s start with understanding what type of technology Node.js is, and what it brings to the table.
To summarize, Node.js is pretty much a tool designed to make writing code easier and faster. This means web development can be done quicker with less room for errors.
It also has a more straightforward approach to implementing changes. As an advantage for your business, your developers can deliver the final product in a short period.
Responsibilities of Node.js developers
A Node.js developer is responsible for writing server-side web applications. In Node.js development, your team is responsible for developing the back end components of a system.
Additionally, your Node.js developer also connects the application with the other web services and supports the front-end developers by integrating their work with the Node.js application.
Skills of a Node.js developer
- Backend development – The Node.js developer is in charge of the back end components of a system. They connect the application with the other web services by integrating their work with the Node.js application.
- Frontend development – Along with the knowledge of backend development, your Node.js developer should also be familiar with the frontend. Frontend development refers to what end-users see on an application. Hence, a good understanding of front end design and development is necessary for Node.js developers.
- Asynchronous Programming – Node.js is all about non-blocking or asynchronous programming, it cuts down waiting time for requests for asynchronous I/O. With that said, your developer needs to know how to leverage this advantage to increase productivity. However, asynchronous programming is still fairly new to navigate properly. Your developer must be able to discern the workarounds needed for the program.
- Database management – Database management is highly important to build Node.js applications successfully. A Node.js developer should create database schemes that represent and support business processes. Your developer has to seamlessly integrate data sources and databases to configure applications.
- User Authentication and Authorization – A web developer should have a working knowledge with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments. This helps ensure that the web applications they create are highly secure. Make sure the web developer you’re hiring knows his stuff when it comes to security.
How to Hire Node.js
Now that we’ve learned what skills your Node.js developer should possess, it’s time to find out where to find the best candidates.
In this modern world, there are plenty of recruitment platforms you can tap into. Depending on the kind of development project you have in mind, you need to meticulously assess the experience and skills of your prospects.
Here are some of the most used recruitment options:
- Online recruitment platforms – You can find a wide talent pool online through LinkedIn, Upwork, Indeed, Craigslist, and more. What’s great about these websites is that they allow you to specify your searches based on your location, skills needed, and pay range.
- Recruitment agencies – If you want to save time looking for candidates, you can go through a recruitment agency to help you find skilled workers. Recruitment firms filter the most skilled candidates and can expedite the hiring process.
- Remote hiring – If you’re looking to build a software team for a large-scale project, the best option is to offshore them. Offshoring cuts down costs and gives you more flexibility in management. If you’re not very familiar with the concept of offshoring, Full Scale offers its services.
At Full Scale, you can find and hire senior developers to take on your software development project. We have a wide range of talent ready to be deployed: senior developers, project managers, content writers, QA specialists, etc.
Our developers are skilled in multiple front end development tasks, as well as processes such as front end frameworks, version controls, testing, and a whole lot more!
Through our Guided Development process, you get an overview and control of the whole development cycle. We’ll take care of recruiting, assessing, and employing the best developers that we can find to work on your project.
You can forego the tedious process of finding, filtering, and managing employees. We can take care of all the hassle for you while you focus on your core competencies.
Want to scale up your startup today? Our founders, Matt DeCoursey and Matt Watson can help you build your business. They are veteran entrepreneurs who are passionate about helping startups grow. Get to know more about us by visiting our website or sending us a message!