Among the most common members of a software development team are front-end developers. Learn the frontend developer job description and what they can bring to the table.
Software development teams consist of different people working together to accomplish one goal. That goal is to deliver a holistic, complete, and functional project.
Mostly, each person involved often has unique expertise that contributes to the completion of the software product. One particular position in a team is a frontend developer.
In this entry, we will explore these items to learn the role of a frontend developer in development:
- What is Frontend Development?
- The Frontend Developer Job Description
- Sample: Frontend Developer Job Description Template
- Hire a Frontend Developer Today
To understand the frontend developer job description, we must first learn the nature of frontend development. How is it different from backend development? Is this a niche role? Let’s find out.
What is Frontend Development?
Additionally, frontend development encompasses designing, developing, testing, and deploying application user interfaces.
In terms of specialization, frontend development is an umbrella term for developers who are proficient in frontend technologies and frameworks. Some of these technologies include React, Vue.js, Angular, and Flutter.
The Frontend Developer Job Description
Based on our overview of frontend development, you might already have a clue about what is a frontend developer. So let’s continue.
We can summarize the frontend developer job description as:
“A frontend developer’s principal responsibility is to build a functional user interface that creates a seamless user experience.”
From this definition, we can dissect the role of building a user interface and creating a seamless user experience.
Building a user interface encompasses the prototyping, development, testing, and deployment of the application’s frontend components. This uses frontend technologies and frameworks to program the behavior and navigation of the application user interface.
Moreover, frontend developers use APIs that connect requests from the UI to the server-side applications. Afterward, frontend developers debug the UI components to see if there are persisting issues.
This brings us to the connecting statement that creates a seamless user experience. The user experience (UX) is an intangible component of any software application.
However, a frontend developer can provide users with robust and responsive application products. They work with UI/UX experts to bring user-friendly designs to life. This makes their roles in software development extremely fundamental on the business side.
What to expect when you hire a Frontend Developer?
Essentially, frontend developers build the part of a software product that customers engage with. As a user, you would want to have a satisfactory experience when navigating software applications.
So, when frontend developers perform their tasks well, client and user benefits get to enjoy these benefits:
- Fast development of user interfaces. When hiring frontend developers, you can expect faster UI creation compared to hiring developers that don’t specialize in this area. You can easily deploy user-focused outcomes and test them quickly.
- Scalable and easy-to-learn technologies. Frontend development has evolved into a revolutionary field. With the development in technology, frontend development is easy to learn and scalable for different kinds of projects.
- Responsive and functional applications. Similarly, the latest frameworks and libraries make front-end development more robust today. You can expect to have responsive applications that customers and users will enjoy.
- Security. One of the utmost priorities in software today is security. Frontend developers are proficient in implementing security layers to ensure that all data is protected.
What does a Frontend Developer do?
Great power indeed comes with great responsibility. Your software product will only be as good as how your frontend developers build it. But what exactly do frontend developers do? Here are three key roles of frontend developers.
- Designers. Frontend developers work with UI/UX experts to design visually appealing prototypes of web pages. They ensure that the navigation and workflows follow the user requirements. They also apply SEO best practices during development.
- Builders. With their skills and knowledge, frontend developers transform mockups and requirements into working web pages. They may implement the designs to be responsive for various browsers or devices.
- Testers. Finally, frontend developers ensure that their outputs undergo proper testing before deployment. Before the testing phase, the developers should ensure that they accomplished what’s required.
Creating the Frontend Developer Template
Based on our definition of the frontend developer responsibilities, let’s start creating a template. So, if you’re posting a job ad for frontend developers, you will find this template extremely helpful.
The first step is introducing your company. You will detail the nature of your business, location, working hours, etc. Don’t forget to include the perks and benefits of working with your company. Make it interesting.
Next, you need to express that you’re looking for a frontend developer. Include the frontend developer job description, responsibilities, and qualifications. This way, applicants can see your requirements in detail.
Sample: Frontend Developer Job Description Template
Here’s a sample template you can tweak for this role:
|We are an e-commerce company committed to providing quality products to our customers. At [insert company name], our employees are our best assets. So, we provide healthcare, insurance, and leave benefits. Plus, we offer flexible work arrangements for all employees.
|We are looking for
|Our company is looking for a Frontend Developer who excels in balancing their skills in design and development. They must fulfill the responsibilities of turning UI/UX mockups into functional and responsive visual elements of an application. Moreover, you will be working with a team of developers and designers to achieve project goals.
|• Develop user-facing application features and optimize existing ones
• Write organized and reusable code and libraries
• Optimize application performance for maximum speed and scalability
• Implement validation on user input before relaying it to backend
• Collaborate with other development team members and stakeholders
[Add other relevant details based on what your company requires]
|Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficiency in frontend development frameworks and libraries such as Angular, React, Vue.js, etc
• Understanding of key design principles
• Basic to advanced knowledge about SEO
• Capacity to turn requirements into functional, appealing, and user-friendly webpages
• Ability in testing and debugging applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Temperament to remain focused on tasks for longer durations of time
These qualifications are subject to change depending on the needs of a company or a team. Regardless, a qualified candidate must have these traits to excel in development.
Hire a Frontend Developer Today
Software development talent is in demand today. This is why companies and applicants alike flock to search engines for the frontend developer job description. Why? It is one of the most sought-after positions in tech. So, it pays to hire a great frontend developer today.
Have trouble hiring? Don’t worry.
Full Scale is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the Philippines. We have access to the wider talent pool that continuously thrives in the country. That said, we provide our clients with software developers, QA testers, and other IT professionals that match their projects.
We take care of the entire assessment and recruitment process of software talent so you don’t have to. Our stringent hiring process ensures that you have world-class developers onboard. Hire a frontend developer with ease! Contact us today.