Best Productivity Tools for .NET Development in 2019
How These Tools Can Help You Build a Better Startup?
Startup founders always think ahead and anticipate an increase in workflow. Hence, productivity is very important. As we all know, productivity refers to how efficiently the employees accomplish their company’s goals in producing goods and services for their customers. In software development, a productivity tool is a software application that will help programmers and developers make their work much easier in the different stages of software development.
In the software development world, these tools have given impetus for startups to be better and use it for growth strategy. Productivity tools are known to have a powerful impact on their growth, and the success resulting in revenue gain. A startup using productivity tools in its software development will help its developers to be more productive and professionally satisfy their customers.
Before we delve into these productivity tools, here are the basic stages of software development so that we will have an overview how these tools will be used to free the production from routine tasks and automate many processes:
- Analyzing the problem
- Market research
- Gathering requirements for the proposed business solution
- Coming up with a plan or design for the software-based solution
- Implementation (coding) of the software
- Testing the software
- Deployment of the software
- Maintenance and bug fixing
Startups strive to build solutions with two goals—solve a recurring societal problem and gain revenue. Finding a solution to a problem produce heroes in every software tech story. In our story, the heroes are startup founders and developers. Startup founders are clients who are inspired to require productivity tools to finance winning web applications and solutions. They are coupled with the developers who always aspire for growth through efficient productivity tools.
From the .Net developer’s perspective, these tools can analyze the quality of the code being developed. It can detect, analyze, and fix code errors. It can function as plug-in extensions for integrated development environments, and so on. In totality, developers use productivity tools to double their coding speed, and clients require these tools to increase productivity to drive efficiency and promote a collaborative working environment. Thus, the importance of communication and collaboration between startup founders and developers is a must.
With the numerous programming technologies used in software development, in this post, we will focus on the .NET framework and its associated productivity tools.
What is the .NET framework?
Over the years, various productivity tools have been developed for specific programming languages and software technologies. The .NET framework is no exception when it comes to having its development tools; these tools will help .NET developers build and develop a wide range of applications with the use of the framework.
.NET is a free, open-source, and cross-platform framework for building different types of applications. This Microsoft development platform is one of the top platforms for building enterprise software applications for years. With the use of the .NET framework, software developers can use multiple programming languages, editors, and libraries to build application models for the web, mobile, desktop, gaming, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
The .NET framework is one of the most productive platforms for software developers because it helps them develop high-quality applications much faster. The framework can be used with several programming languages such as C#, F#, IronPython, Visual Basic, and TypeScript.
Importance of productivity tools in .NET
Various productivity tools based in .NET have come out in recent years to help developers with their work. It made it easier for developers to perform many of their software development tasks. These tasks include code analysis, measuring code quality, determination, fixing of errors, code debugging, and other tasks associated with software application development. The importance of .NET development tools brings us to our main topic—the best productivity tools for .NET development in 2019.
The best productivity tools for .NET development in 2019
Below is a list of some of the best .NET development tools in 2019:
- Stackify Prefix – A code profiler that runs in the background while you are running your applications. It captures all of the web requests and provides detailed traces of what the requests did. The tool troubleshoots slow web requests, finds slow SQL queries, and hidden exceptions. It checks on bad coding patterns like an N+1 database query.
- Redgate SQL Multi Script – Allows you to implement multiple scripts across multiple SQL servers and saves you considerable time by reducing the steps needed to complete your tasks. SQL Multi Script also allows easy querying of databases through an efficient interface that includes features for speedy editing.
- LINQPad – A client/server application with just one client and multiple servers. For every query, the LINQPad tool creates a separate server, which is a class that runs in its own process and implements the query in isolation. The isolation prevents queries from interfering with each other and allows the tool to safely cancel a query without corrupting other application domains.
- NUnit – An open-source framework designed for writing and running tests in the Microsoft .NET programming languages. With the use of this tool, a test can be run continuously and multiple tests can be run at the same time. NUnit also provides immediate test results, and it does not require human interpretation of test results. This tool also makes it possible to easily fix bugs as they are detected.
- NuGet – NuGet is a Microsoft-supported mechanism for sharing code that defines how packages for .NET are created, hosted, and consumed. You can use a NuGet package to share code that is exclusive to a community, organization, or workgroup. You can also use the package as the easiest method to factor your code for use in your projects.
- TeamCity – A continuous integration tool that supports the building and deployment of different types of projects. The advantages of TeamCity include automatically triggering the build once a developer commits it, you can test your change without committing it into the version control system, and many available TeamCity plugins make the integration with other services very efficient.
- Octopus – One of the most powerful tools for the deployment of ASP.NET applications and Windows Services. It takes care of your development, quality assurance, acceptance testing, and production deployments. You can also use Octopus to limit who can deploy the application for production, ensure the software has been tested first before release, schedule the deployments at a later date, and block the promotion of broken software releases.
- NDepend – A Visual Studio extension that accurately measures the general health of your application and continuously maintains code quality. NDepend’s analysis and reporting system provides continuous integration reporting and can detect excessively complex code through its unique diagramming capabilities. The tool’s in-depth reporting and customized code queries can help maintain large and complex projects.
- .NET Reflector – With the use of .NET Reflector, you can effectively debug your application by determining the specific source of the problem, understand the code of applications that have no documentation and comments, and look inside the assemblies of third-party platforms.
- ReSharper – This is a Visual Studio Extension tool that provides beneficial features:
- Analysis of code quality so you’ll know if your code needs to be revised for improvement;
- Hundreds of quick-fixes that can instantly repair code problems automatically or let you select the best repair option from a variety of quick-fix options;
- Code refactoring that analyzes the whole scope of the code selection to which it is applied;
- Navigation and search allow you to easily jump to any file or type in your codebase, or navigate from a specific symbol to its base, derived symbols, implementations, and usages; and
- Code editing helpers that help you with auto-importing of namespaces, instant code transformations, displaying of documentation, and rearranging of code.
An extraordinary number of qualified professionals have chosen the above-mentioned tools to cater to the huge demand for .NET development. These developers are high-skilled in designing, tailoring, and developing software applications under the .NET framework. Startup founders are then enamored with these developers embracing these tools as it provides them an advantageous stint from their competitions.
Here at Full Scale, the success of our clients to have a cost-effective team and production is our main agenda. We offer unwavering services and insights, as we succeed in providing professional and highly accomplished development team. We value productivity, and we keep in mind that these .NET tools are essential in .NET application development.
Yes, these tools can prevent the waste of time, money and resources, increase efficiency, and help the developers to produce resilient, and high-quality software solutions. However, no matter how efficient the overall plan, there are still prevalent disruptions. We acknowledged the inability of both clients and developers to cover common pitfalls in choosing the appropriate productivity tools. This leads to the failure of obtaining the required performance, incurring many bugs instead of eliminating them, tools that defeat the purpose of an efficient working system, and so on.
And yet, despite these overwhelming obstacles, we would like to emerge victorious as we will cater to the needs of the clients with the use of known productivity tools—that we are knowledgeable at—to improve productivity, simplify tasks, optimize performance, and eliminate errors.
Listen to Episode 84 of the Startup Hustle Podcast – Technology That Will Change Your Life
Hire your remote .NET developers from Full Scale
If you’re a software development company owner who wants to hire .NET developers remotely, we are your perfect partner! Let’s journey together as we will give you all the help you need. We will build remarkable solutions together, and you will achieve that ROI that you aimed for.
We work with our clients using our Guided Development unique principle program. We will provide you with a dedicated team of software developers who will work directly with you daily. The most exciting part is that you will be the one to guide their development efforts.
The reality of finding the right resources such as extraordinary .NET developers is difficult, especially with the scarcity of these professionals in the U.S. Plus, the expenses incurred with the salaries and operations, unprecedented limitations, and many others. At Full Scale, hiring .NET developers is easy. Contact us to know more about our offshoring services for software development, and we will assist you with the level of expertise you are vetting for.
We will build a team for you as we showcase all the relevant special skill sets such as .NET Core, Microsoft Azure, and other common technologies — SQL Server, Angular, React — that are part and could be paired with the modern Microsoft stack. We took pride that our developers are highly skilled at using C# and creating enterprise-grade ASP.NET web applications.
These productivity tools for .NET development will still be relevant even beyond 2019. The companies that developed these tools have regular updates or revisions. This is to keep them updated and relevant with the constantly changing technologies in software development. For startups and software developers, keep in mind the primary factor in choosing a good .NET productivity tool will depend on the efficiency of the tool and the benefits it will bring to the project, the effect on the project’s specific tasks, and the overall situation of the project.