How to Hire Salesforce Developers
Keep your customers happy, keep your revenue growing. CRMs like Salesforce create systems to help startups improve their customer service. Find out how the platform works and how it can benefit your business.
Survey shows that most companies do not strategize base on their customer needs. According to Marketing experts, developing deeper relationships with customers drives retention. Making efforts to personalize and consistently improve their experience with your business will ensure long-term patronization. With this in mind, customers greatly appreciate it when you go above and beyond their initial expectations. Positive customer experience will build brand loyalty and affinity, leading your own market to evangelize your product or service, referring them to their friends, and leaving testimonies that will further promote your brand. Returning customers keep the revenue going, this is why you have to extend your efforts when it comes to customer relationships.
Luckily, in the age of new technology, there are several tools that can help you better manage your development team and enhance your customer experience. A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform, for one, is incredibly useful when creating customized systems for your customers. Salesforce happens to be one of the most successful and most popular platforms used in the industry today. Specifically, some startups achieved success using Salesforce.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a cloud-based CRM platform that allows a company to create apps geared for personalized customer engagements. The Salesforce company provides commercial software development applications and a large spectrum of CRM-related products and services. Its integrated CRM platform called Salesforce Customer 360 Platform allows developers to efficiently and quickly build their apps through third-party tools such as Heroku, Lightning Platform, Einstein Analytics, and other software development tools. This CRM platform helped startups scale and evolve fast.
What does A Salesforce Developer do?
Through the Salesforce platform, developers can quickly and conveniently build and deploy solid, secure and scalable applications to the cloud without worrying about hardware provisioning or application stacks. Salesforce Developers can automate your business processes, integrate your app with external applications, provide responsive layouts, and more.
Salesforce developers can efficiently deploy their code via git and the Salesforce platform can automatically build and run the application. This means that the Salesforce developer can use languages such as Ruby, Java, PHP and more, whichever is compatible with the platform they’re using. In short, the Salesforce platform allows for the coherent, fast-moving type of application development by compiling all the necessary tools within one secure package that developers can easily access. Through the platform, developers can build systems that can automate your business processes, integrate external applications, design responsive layouts and more.
Finding and hiring Salesforce Developers
The demand for Salesforce Developers is incredibly high compared to the supply. There’s a tremendous software developer shortage in today’s market. This is because attaining certification in the Trailhead program is challenging and most developers opt for another specialty. However, this doesn’t mean they’re impossible to find. It’s just a matter of looking in the right places.
Referrals – You can start by looking at the closest places. Word of mouth goes a long way. So if you have friends or family in the IT industry, you might be closer to your potential Salesforce Developer than you think. Ask around your social group if they can refer you to someone who knows something about the Salesforce grounds.
Job Posting Sites – Stack Overflow, GitHub Jobs and We Work Remotely are just some of the most popular online job sites you can find developers in. These sites are great for finding developers with all kinds of experience and expertise.
Social Media Accounts – Social sites like LinkedIn are incredibly useful in finding potential candidates. You can directly view the applicant’s credentials and message directly about the job.
How to Find the Right Salesforce Developer
Here are some of the basic skills a Salesforce Developer should be familiar with:
- Force.com – This is considered as Salesforce’s official platform that’s organized and built for fast and convenient application development.
- Lightning App Builder – Another official platform with even faster features.
- Heroku – Enables building applications on different programming languages.
- Fuel – For building applications specifically geared for marketing.
On top of these, your candidate should also undergo a series of screening. Here at Full Scale, we offer hand-picked, high-caliber software engineers to be a part of your remote team:
- Technical Screening – It’s tricky to gauge the technical competencies of your candidate, especially if you’re not very familiar with the tools they’re working on. The best way to find out their technical competencies is by conducting various technical exams to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. Sites like HackerRank and CoderByte are some of the most popular platforms to conduct Coding Tests.
- Resume Screening – Credentials play a big factor in finding the right developer for the job. Resumes are your first form of reference in evaluating potential employees. Depending on the application they’re applying for, you can check out the Salesforce certification the candidate has acquired. Salesforce developers are expected to have acquired either a Platform certification, B2C Commerce certification, or Marketing Cloud certification.
- Personal Interview – Just as important as their proficiency in the language and tools they’re using, your candidate should also be able to articulately their work. Good communication skills are critical in projects and your candidate should have an excellent grasp of them. Not being able to explain their work clearly can slow down or even hinder the team’s development progress. Other major factors to consider are attitude and experience. Personal interviews allow you to evaluate your candidate on a more in-depth level and lets you assess whether his/her work ethic is a good match for your company’s environment. An interview gives your candidate a chance to express opinions and showcase knowledge about essential topics.
Hire Salesforce Developers
We’ve carefully picked out the cream of the crop to get the best people to work for you. Therefore, we can take care of the nitty-gritty process of hiring and managing the staff so you can focus on your product. We can help you assemble your very own development team. Contact us to learn more about our services.